Sunday, September 21, 2014

Drawing For Game Art Finals!

Today our final greyscale renders for Drawing for Game Art class are due. I learned a lot during this process. I feel like I really strengthened my design, line art, and lighting abilities. One of my biggest issues in painting has always been lighting. I just haven't had the easiest time wrapping my head around it, but after this project I feel like I'm finally starting to get a liiitttlle bit more of an understanding. These aren't anywhere near perfect but I'm fairly happy with the way they turned out, and happier that I learned so much from the process. 

After the rough design phase, which I posted a few weeks ago we narrowed our designs based from the textures, silhouettes, and doodles, down to 9 and did clean lineart. After that, we cut two more pieces for a total of 7 and applied light direction and rendering.

Here's my final rendering:


And here's my cleaned up line work, I did obviously tweak certain things between this stage and the rendering stage. Completely redesigned the tiger, flipped the drunk barrel guy, and fixed some anatomy issues on the astronaut